Irish FA announcement on Junior Cup Round 1 matches
October 12, 2020
At a recent meeting of the Junior & Youth Cup Committee concerns were raised by the members regarding the current restrictions in place, in particular, in the Derry & Strabane District area due to Covid 19 and high rising cases of the virus.
The Committee therefore decided that in the interests of the clubs for the safety of their players/officials etc, the following R1 games will be delayed for two weeks to try to ease the pressures the clubs face due to these circumstances :-
Matches below due to be played on Saturday, 17 October 2020, will now be delayed until Saturday, 7 November 2020, KO: 1.30 p.m.
- Dundela Reserves -v- Tullyally Colts
- Foyle Wanders -v- Woodvale
- Claudy United -v- Tollymore United
- Irish Street -v- Ballinamallard United Res
- All Saints OB -v- Maiden City Reserves
- Greysteel -v- Connor
- Enniskillen Rovers -v- Upperlands
Matches below due to be played on Saturday, 24 October 2020, will now be delayed until Saturday, 14 November 2020, KO: 1.30 p.m.
- Donemana -v- Newbuildings United Res
- Belfast Athletic -v- Lincoln Courts
- Randalstown Ramblers -v- BBOB Londonderry
- Ardmore -v- Bangor YM
- Sion Swifts -v- Red Star
- Lisahally -v- Magheraveely
- Portavogie Rangers -v- Artigarvan
- Ford -v- Killen Rangers
- Dergview Reserves -v- Dunbreen Rovers
- Armagh Blues v- Ardstraw Res
I will update Comet accordingly with these changes.
For clarity, I can confirm that once we get to 7/14 November 2020, the Junior Cup rules (rule 10) will apply for these games.