2020/21 EGM/AGM = Review
September 02, 2020
On Tuesday the 1st of September 2020, the Fermanagh and Western Football League and Association held their respective EGM/AGM's
A short report of what was decided is set out below;
- There were no changes to the officers of the league or the association
- The proposal to relegate 4 teams from Division 1 did not gain the 75% majority required, in order for the rule to be changed, so it remains for the season ahead that only 2 teams will be relegated from Division 1.
- The time period for Clubs requesting a Free Date has been reduced from 4 weeks to 2 weeks.
- The Transfer window will remain open until 12pm on Friday the 18th September 2020.
- Irish FA have informed the League if there is no referee present at a game, the game can not go ahead and is postponed.
- Division Make Up
- 14 Teams in Division 1
- 9 Teams in Division 2
- 7 Teams in Division 3
- 11 Teams in Reserve Division 1
- 11 Teams in Reserve Division 2
- 8 Teams in Reserve Division 3 (2 New Teams, Enniskillen Athletic Reserves, Derrychara United Reserves)
- Teams in Division 3 will play each other 3 times to leave it an 18 game season.
- Mulhern & Reihill Cups from last season will not be concluded and for the first time since World War 1 the Mulhern Cup will not been awarded to a winner.
- Photo Registration will be introduced for the 2021/22 season.
- Clubs will have the flexibility with the agreement of their opponents to move their scheduled fixture up to 72 hours in either direction (matches can now be moved forward as far as Wednesday night or pushed back to Monday night)
Clubs are been urged to be as flexible as possible in regards to getting matches played by switching dates and kick off times where possible.